WHEN YOU VOLUNTEER AT THE Y, YOU PROVIDE LEADERSHIP AND TALENT THAT ARE VITAL TO EMPOWERING PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES TO LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE.
VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
Across Shiawassee County, thousands of business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in our community we have the presence and partnerships to both promise and deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
VOLUNTEERS OF THE Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors, Boards of Managers and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors